The Importance of Aftercare: Improved Outcomes
An intentional, high-quality, comprehensive aftercare plan reduces your risk of relapse. Your case manager will provide referrals to the private and community-based resources you need for successful, long-term recovery. The more resources and support you have upon discharge, the easier it will be to stay on track and achieve long-term sobriety.
Our case managers work with you to tailor your aftercare plan to meet your individual needs. If you step-down from IOP to a less immersive level of care, your case manager may arrange a referral for:
- Outpatient treatment programs (OP)
- Telehealth: OP programs may happen virtually or via a safe and secure video platform
- Clinical support as appropriate
If you finish any treatment program at any level of care and are ready to live independently, your case manager may provide referrals for the following:
- Job training and placement services
- Services to address housing instability
- Services to address food instability
- Individual or group psychotherapy
- 12-Step or self-help meetings
- Doctor’s offices or community health centers
We know that when you complete a treatment program and take your first steps toward independence, you may feel like you’re walking a tightrope without a net.
The goal of case management and aftercare is to provide a net.
The purpose of the net is not so much to catch you if you fall – although it will do that – but to give you the confidence you need to put one foot in front of the other, one day at a time. We want you to you feel safe and secure with every step you take. As time passes, your confidence grows, and you realize you’re no longer on a tightrope: you’re on solid ground you created through your hard work, commitment, and belief in a better future.